TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Holiday Inn Express® Stay Smart Business Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Contest Overview: The Holiday Inn Express® Stay Smart Business Challenge is a product innovation competition. The objective of the Contest is for entrants to present innovative solutions that (1) will solve any of the three disruptors to a great night’s sleep in a Holiday Inn Express hotel room: noise, temperature or bed comfort; (2) will do so with an overall investment that makes sense given the cost of the creation and operation of a standard room in a Holiday Inn Express hotel; and (3) can be executed within the existing environment of such a room (a “Solution”).
2 Eligibility: Holiday Inn Express Stay Smart Business Challenge (the "Contest") is open only to business entities that are legally registered in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and that are invited to participate (“Business Entities”). Business Entities will enter through an authorized representative who must be at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry and must be authorized to bind the Business Entity for purposes of this Contest. Employees of Six Continents Hotels, Inc., GroupM Worldwide, Inc., Mindshare Worldwide, Inc., IdeaScale, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent or affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, may not be an authorized representative of any business entity entering this Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
3. Sponsor: Six Continents Hotels, Inc., 3 Ravinia Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30346. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes the Business Entity’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Business Entities that are selected as Winners (up to three) will be invited to enter into discussions with Sponsor to license the Business Entity’s Solution to Sponsor. Such license must include an exclusive, sub-licensable license of their Solution to Sponsor, with the duration and the geographical extent of the license to be mutually agreed.
5. Timing/Schedule: The Contest begins on September 22, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on January 5, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period") and consists of three (3) phases as set forth in the chart below.
Timing for Participation (Submission due by designated end time)
Initial Submission Phase
September 22, 2014 – October 30, 2014
Revised Submission Phase for Semi-Finalists
November 7, 2014 – November 14, 2014
Finalist Phase: Create Presentations for Consumer Electronics Show (“CES”) 2015
November 24, 2014 – January 5, 2015
The start dates of the Revised Submission and Finalist Presentation phases are approximate and will depend on Sponsor's ability to select and connect with Semi-Finalists and Finalists. The end dates of each phase are final and participants must meet these deadlines for continued participation in this Contest.
6. How to Participate:
Round I - Initial Submission Phase: During this phase, Business Entities will receive an invitation to participate and will be provided with a URL to a private portal. On this portal, the authorized person for the Business Entity will be required to complete a registration form including the name, address of the Business Entity that the representative is authorized to represent, a summary of the Solution, and detailed answers to a series of questions about the submitted Solution. Business Entities will also be required to submit a 1-2 page document (“Initial Submission”) that describes the innovative Solution, an overall plan of how it could be executed, and its estimated cost if used in all Holiday Inn Express hotel rooms. The document may be any of the following formats: .jpg/.jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .png, for images; Microsoft Word, Excel or Powerpoint, or OpenOffice files or a PDF file.
This document must address at least one (1) of the disruptors of a great night’s sleep as described in the Contest Overview and other documentation provided to Business Entity by Sponsor. The document may include images or graphics as well as text. The Initial Submission must be completed and submitted online no later than October 30, 2014 11:59 p.m. ET. Limit: Each entrant may enter multiple Initial Submissions as long as each Initial Submission includes a unique Solution.
Confidentiality: No Solution may have been revealed publicly or disclosed to any other company or individual outside of Business Entity prior to submission in this contest, and each Business Entity must keep its Solution strictly confidential until it is no longer under consideration by Sponsor during the contest or, if selected as a potential winner, until the parties agree that the Solution will not be licensed to Sponsor.
Round II - Semi-Finalist Phase: Sponsor will select up to ten (10) Semi-Finalists based on the Judging Criteria listed below in Section 8. Semi-Finalists will be notified on or around November 7, 2014 and will be asked to provide a revised Submission by November 14, 2014. The revised Submission should include answers to questions, critique and comments posed by the Judging panel as well as any other refinements that the Semi-Finalist would like to include that will further explain its Solution and how that Solution could be implemented. The Semi-Finalist Submission may be up to five (5) pages in length and must be submitted online through the private portal no later than by November 14, 2014 11:59 PM ET. Limit: One (1) Semi-Finalist Submission per Semi-Finalist.
Round III - Finalist Phase: Sponsor will select up to five (5) Finalists based on the Judging Criteria listed below in Section 8. Finalists will be notified on or around November 24, 2014. Each Finalist will be asked to travel to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2015 and to make private presentation on January 5, 2015 based on its Semi-Finalist Submission of their innovative Solution.
7. Agreement to Submission Guidelines and Restrictions: By uploading the Submissions (Initial Submissions and Semi-Finalist Submissions where applicable), Business Entity agrees that it conforms to the Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor may disqualify it from the Contest if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that Business Entity’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
8. Intellectual Property Retained by Entrant: Sponsor does not claim ownership of any Initial Submission, Semi-Finalist Submission, or Finalist Submission. At all times during and after the Contest, Entrants retain any intellectual property rights they may have that are contained in any of the Submissions presented either online or at the Consumer Electronics Show. Entrants must ensure that third parties do not have rights or claims on technologies included in the entrants’ submissions that could block or restrict commercialization. If selected as a Winner, Winner will be invited by Sponsor to enter into discussions with Sponsor to license the Winner’s Solution to Sponsor. Such license must include an exclusive, sub-licensable license of the Winner’s Solution to Sponsor, with the duration and the geographical extent of the license to be mutually agreed.
9. Semi-Finalist, Finalist and Winner Determination: After the conclusion of each Phase of the Contest, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the entrants with the highest scoring Submissions from among all eligible Submissions received for the applicable phase, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Uncomplicated – we keep things simple and intuitive, removing barriers to create a seamless efficient experience that keeps our guests moving at their own pace.
- Focused - We deliver value by working harder where it matters most, giving our guests everything they need and nothing they don’t—leaving them confident that they’ve made the smartest choice.
- Enabling - We are more than a place to stay; we are travel partners. We give our guests access to the essentials that add value, control and convenience across their travel experience.
- Engaging - Our youthful spirit and positive energy delight and inspire our guests at every interaction.
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score for "Highly Differentiated," as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than ten Semi-Finalists, or fewer than five Finalists if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions in the Initial Submission Phase or Semi-Finalist Submission phase, as applicable.
Sponsor may select up to three (3) Winners based on the above Judging Criteria. Sponsor may choose to execute the proposed Solution of one or more of the Winners in some or all of its Holiday Inn Express hotels.
10. Finalist and Winner Requirements: Potential Finalists will be notified by email or phone by Sponsor. Potential Finalists will then receive formal prize acceptance documentation from Administrator. Before travel to CES may be arranged, potential Finalists will be required to sign and return a prize acceptance documents including a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Sponsor within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim its prize. Potential Finalist may formally accept the opportunity make a presentation at CES without accepting the travel prize. If a potential Finalist cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the prize acceptance documents, or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential Finalist forfeits the prize. If a potential Finalist is disqualified for any reason, the travel prize may be awarded to a runner-up determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate Finalists may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
After the presentations by the Finalists in Las Vegas, Sponsor may select up to three (3) Winners, who will each be invited to enter into discussions with Sponsor to license the Winner’s Solution to Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules.
11. Prizes: UP TO FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES FOR FINALISTS: A trip to Las Vegas, NV for the authorized representative of each of the Finalists to make a presentation at CES. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for one (1) from a major airport near Finalist’s authorized representative's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Las Vegas, NV; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); round trip ground transportation to and from the Las Vegas Airport and hotel. Finalist must travel on January 4, 2015 and return January 6, 2015 or prize and status as a Finalist will be forfeited. Trip must be booked immediately upon confirmation as a Finalist. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of Finalist. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to Finalist’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the Consumer Electronics Show is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value: $2,350. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Finalist will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Finalist is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per entrant.
12. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, GroupM Worldwide, Inc., Mindshare Worldwide, Inc., IdeaScale, Inc., Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or business, arising out of participation in the Contest or of any prize.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any claims by an entrant that its submission is similar to or competitive with technologies or products independently developed by Sponsor or received by Sponsor from third parties; (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (3) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (5) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
17. Winner List: For a list of Finalists, visit http://ihgchallenge.ideascale.com/. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2014 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
Abbreviated Disclosures for Advertising
Abbreviated Rules for email invitations and for the site
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to business invited to participate that reside in the 50 United States (D.C.). Authorized Representatives of the business must be at least 21 years of age. Enter by October 30, 2014. For Official Rules, visit http://ihgchallenge.ideascale.com/. Void where prohibited.